By Natashia E. Ford (www.state27.com)
Florida in the summertime means it’s either too hot or too wet to enjoy a full day outdoors. Days like this call for inexpensive indoor options like Flea Markets.
So you can imagine my sadness when I found out that Flea World in Sanford isclosing down for good at the end of this month.
Now what? Well, I’ve got to find some new flea markets! I reached out to our Florida experts (Realtors®), and they hipped me to a bunch of “must visit” flea markets that I’ve now added to my bucket list.
10 Florida flea markets to explore based on Realtor® recommendations.
For some reason all the ones that made my list conveniently have covered or indoor, air conditioned space.
- Unique & Homemade Items – You can find the most unique items at a flea market. Things you didn’t even know you needed until you see it there. And you can’t beat the prices.
- Fresh Produce & Good Eats – Some flea markets incorporate a farmers market. Fresh fruits and veggies! I’ve never gone to a flea market where I didn’t find something good to eat.
- Supports Local Small Business – The vendors are always extremely kind. It’s a great feeling to know I’m supporting a local small business.
- I’m Active – During the weekend I like to stay somewhat active. Walking up and down every aisle at the flea market makes me feel better about the good eats I’ve consumed.
- They’re Great Reasons for a Road Trip – Flea markets are pretty much everywhere in Florida. Visiting markets outside of my area gives me a reason to take mini weekend road trips.
Show Us Your Flea Finds
Have a great flea market find? Share a pic on our FB page. I’ll share my pics on there too when I visit these markets.
Write Your Own Flea Market Bucket List!
Here’s a list of over 50 Florida flea markets. More than enough to draft a good looking list.
Do you have a favorite flea market you think I should add to my list? Share it below!